Checked the weather again and it confirmed our decision to leave at first light tomorrow. Last day in Westport, WA to live it up! We did some odd jobs around the boat today to get ready for tomorrow. I put up lee cloths around the cockpit to block the wind and rogue waves that splash over the side. Usually one is safe in the cockpit from getting wet but not me; I got hit twice on our overnight passage both times right at the end of my shift!! Saltwater in the face just makes everything better….can you hear my sarcasm?
Dad checked a leaky facet and we filled up with water and fuel again.
I almost crashed into our slip when we returned from the fuel dock. I pulled in too far from the dock (or so my Dad said) and when he told me to put the boat in reverse and try again I accidentally put it in forward and accelerated. As the boat went speeding forward I realized my mistake and put it back in reverse and revved the engine mightily. The boat responded and with the way I had turned the wheel it actually put us right up next to the dock and we made the landing. In fact it turned out perfectly and looked like maybe I planned on coming in that fast only to throw it in reverse. There were several people standing around on the docks and no one even raised an eyebrow. I admit I got lucky. But when we were both standing on the dock I said, “Just like I planned!” and my Dad couldn’t help but laugh.
We had another amazing dinner at the Japanese/Seafood restaurant here. This time we ordered flourless chocolate ginger cake to split for dessert. The ginger was very mild and it was AMAZING. We deserve a good last supper before we head out to sea and are dinning out cans and boxes for the next two days. Wish us luck!
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment