Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day 14 Monday August 6,2007

Overcast weather today didn’t help to warm things up at all. There is still next to no wind at all. I am beginning to think NOAA likes to exaggerate their weather forecasts because every time they predict 5-10 knots of wind we have less than five. And when they say 10-15 they seem to really mean 5-10 which is really more like 5 when you are traveling almost directly downwind like we are.

I read almost all day and most of last night while on watch. I finished another book, I think this is number 5 since I came aboard or is it 6? I can’t remember. I am getting cabin fever and feel like I should have brought more to do with me on the boat. I could have knit a blanket to keep myself warmer by now. Especially if I could knit in the dark on my watches I could really rack up the hours if that were the case. I started jogging in place for awhile just to my fidgeting fix.

Played cards with my Dad for awhile it is still a really close game 662 to 693 with me in the lead. Then I made pad Thai pasta and added canned chicken to it, not half bad. My dad had seconds so I took that as a compliment. We also munched on fresh veggies. Our next stop is going to be Crescent City, California and we were getting pretty close by sunset. Around 2am my Dad actually slowed us down so we wouldn’t get there before it was light out. For the first time ever I actually got really sleepy on my watch and even as I was reading my eyes wanted to shut. So I decided to play games on the computer and was impressed with myself for winning 4 out of 5 games of hearts. By the time my 3rd shift of the night came at 4am I did the math and I increased our speed so we would get to the entrance to the harbor right at dawn. I am ready to get off this boat!!

No comments: